|E-mail: giulia.bruno @ polito . it|
|Tel: +39 011 090 7280|
|Date of birth: 17/02/1982|
Education and training
Giulia is a post-doc researcher at Politecnico di Torino from 2009.
She hold a Ph.D. in “Information and System Engineering” from Politecnico di Torino in April 2009. Thesis title: “Extraction of Association Rules from Biological Data”.
She holds a Master of Science in Computer Engineering from Politecnico di Torino in 2005. Thesis title: “Identification of risk situations in clinical data collected by sensors”.
Her reserach activity is focused on data mining, semantic ontologies and system modeling and analysis.
She is currently involved in the EU-FP7 project “Advanced Platform for Manufacturing Engineering and Product Lifecycle Management (amePLM)” for the development of an ontology-based PLM system for the Department of Management and Production Engineering of Politecnico di Torino.
She is also working in collaboration with the Healthcare Sanitary Agency of the Asti province to analyze collected data and evaluate its performances.
Her research activity also includes the development of a semantic model of the Italian SME network contract in comoparison with similar contractual forms of collaboration in different countries.
Previous researh interests include the analysis of microarray gene expression data to propose algorithms for selecting genes relevant for tumor classification and to detect gene regulatory networks through the application of temporal association rules, the topico of data cleaning and semantic information discovery in XMLand biological databases, and the data mining techniques for clinical analysis, particularly the classification of physiological signals in order to real time monitor patient conditions and detect unsafe events.
- March 2012 – Today: Post-doc researcher at the Department of Management and Production Engineering
- March 2011 – Febrary 2012: Post-doc researcher at the Department of Control and computer Engineering for the design and implementation of geographic databases in the cloud computing, in collaboration with SiTI (Higher Institute on Territorial Systems for Innovation) and ITHACA (Information Technology for Humanitarian Assistance, Cooperation and Action) in Torino
- November 2010 – January 2011: Clinical and molecular data integration at the Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment of Candiolo.
- January 2010 – Today: Collaboration with the Asti Local Sanitary Agency.
- July 2009 – September 2010: Data analysis for modeling drug reponse in tumor patients for the Gradenigo Hospital.
- March 2009 – February 2011: Post-doc researcher at the Department of Control and computer Engineering.
- October 2006 – Decembre 2006: Microarray data analysis for the Fondo Edo Tempia of Biella.
Giulia Bruno has been teaching assistant for the following courses:
- Basi di Dati, from 2007/2008 to 2013/2014
- Introduzione ai geodatabase in 2011/2012
- Sistemi Informativi Aziendali, from 2005/2006 to 2007/2008
- Tecniche e Linguaggi di Programmazione, in 2008/2009
- Accompagnamento in Matematica, from 2009/2010 to 2012/2013
The supplementary material of paper “Efficient management of Park resources: natural and cultural data in Alpi Marittime area” can be foud here.
Publications available here