Table of content
- Weekly timetable
- Written tests
- Written tests
- Demo Exercises Solution
- ECTS: 8
- Professor: Tania Cerquitelli
- Assistant lecturer: Jacopo Fior
|Type||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
|Lecture||Wednesday||14:30-16:00||Virtual Classroom / In person|
- Introduction to the course (pdf)
- Introduction to the databases (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational data model (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational algebra (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- The SELECT statement: basics (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Nested queries (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Set operators (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Update commands (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Managing tables (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- SQL language: other definitions
- Database design
- Web programming
- Relational algebra and SQL I: Exercises [Solutions: Algebra ] [SQL-solutions-Part I,SQL-solutions-Part II]
- SQL no.2: Exercises (Lecture’s notes)
- Relational algebra exercises (Lecture’s notes)
- Relational algebra exercises (pdf) (Lecture’s notes)
- SQL no.3: Exercises [Solutions]
- SQL no. 4: Exercises [Draft solutions]
- SQL exercises (pdf) [Lecture’s notes]
- SQL exercises (pdf)
- ER – AirQ Text [Text and solution]
- ER – Cooking school: Text [Lecture’s notes]
- ER – Beauty Farm: Text – Lecture’s notes
- ER – Bank Text
- Trigger: Ranking (pdf) [Draft solution]
- Trigger: Event (pdf) 
- Trigger: Scholarship (pdf) [Draft solution]
- 2015 – 07 – 03
- 2015 – 07 – 17
- 2014 -07 -17
- 2014 – 07 – 03
- 2014 01 23
- 2013 – 05 – 24
- Theory questions: Text
The laboratory practices will begin on Tuesday, March 30.
|Group of Students||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
| TEAM A: Even Student ID
| TEAM B: Odd Student ID
Only for the first week, the Lab Practice for TEAM B will happen on Tuesday, March 30 from 16:00 to 17:30. There isn’t any change to the schedule for TEAM A.
- Installation guides, to work on the lab practices you can use oracle directly on your PC or online through Oracle APEX. Follow one of the two guides below:
- Practice #1 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- Practice #2 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- Practice #3 (Database design and SQL queries on an Oracle/MySQL database)
- Practice #4 (PHP and SQL)
- Practice #5 (PHP and SQL)
To obtain the points associated with the home assignments, students must observe the following terms:
- Complete all the points of the exercises in the homework text.
- Prepare a file in PDF, DOC or ODT format with the solution of the homework.
- Name the file as HomeworkN_Surname_Name_StudentId.XXX, where
- StudentId, Surname and Name should be replaced with student information
- the N character following Homework should be replaced with the number of the submitted homework (e.g., ‘1’ for homework no. 1)
- the filename extension XXX depends on the file type chosen for the submission (PDF, DOC or ODT).
- the DOCX format is not supported.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, naming the file with a wrong name implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- Load the file on the didactic portal (Portale della didattica) in the section Work Submission (Elaborati) before the deadline.
- Multiple loadings for the same student and/or for the same homework are not allowed.
- The upload date shown on the didactic portal is considered for the evaluation.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, the upload after the deadline implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- During the upload procedure a description (“Descrizione”) field is required. Insert the same name given to the uploaded file (according to the rules described above).
- Only for students with no access to the course page on the didactic portal, the homework may be submitted before the deadline by sending an email to the assistant lecturer.
- Discuss the homework with a positive evaluation on the fixed date (announcement will be published).
- Homework #4 note: The delivery of the realized code must be done via upload on the portal as for the files of the previous homeworks. In this case, however, each student will have to upload a single .zip file containing the developed code.The archive should follow the same naming convention given above. The archive must contain:
- all .php and .html files created for the application
- a file named create_and_populate_database.sql (content described in the homework text)
- a file named interrogation_and_transaction.sql (content described in the homework text)
- [Homework #1] — to be delivered by April 12th, 2021 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #2] — to be delivered by May 3rd, 2021 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #3] — to be delivered by June 10th, 2021 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #4] — to be delivered by June 6th, 2021 (UTC/GMT+1) – Deadline extended to June 7th, 2021 (UTC/GMT+1)