Table of content
- ECTS: 8
- Professor: Tania Cerquitelli
- Assistant lecturer: Jacopo Fior
- The text of Homework no.3 is available. The deadline to submit it is June 10th, 2020
- The text of Homework no.2 is available. The deadline to submit it is May 8th, 2020
- The SQL exercises for the Lecture on April 8, 2020, are available (here)
- The relation algebra exercises for the Lecture on April 1, 2020 are available (here)
- The text of Homework no.1 is available. The deadline to submit it is April 17th, 2020
- The SQL exercises for the Lecture on March 31, 2020, are available (set1, set2)
- The SQL exercises for the Lecture on March 25, 2020, are available (here)
- The relation algebra exercises for the Lecture on March 17, 2020 are available (here)
|Type||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
- Introduction to the course (2 slides per page)
- Introduction to the databases (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational data model (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational algebra (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- The SELECT statement: basics (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Nested queries (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Set operators (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Update commands (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Managing tables (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- SQL language: other definitions
- Database design
- Web programming
- Relational algebra and SQL I: Exercises [Solutions: Algebra ] [Solutions: SQL]
- SQL no.2: Exercises [Solutions]
- ER no.1 – Moto GP: Text [Lecture’s notes]
- ER no.2: Text
- ER no.3 – Cooking school: Text [Draft solution] [Lecture’s notes]
- ER no. 4 – Beauty Farm: Text
- Trigger: Ranking (pdf)
- Trigger: Event (pdf)
- Trigger: Scholarship (pdf)
The laboratory practices will begin on Tuesday, April 7.
Group of Students Day of the week Time Classroom TEAM A: Student ID <= 258133 Tuesday 14:30-16:00 Virtual Classroom TEAM B: Student ID >= 258157 Tuesday 16:00-17:30 Virtual Classroom
- Installation guides, to work on the lab practices you can use oracle directly on your PC or online through Oracle APEX. Follow one of the two guides below:
- Practice #1 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- Practice #2 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- Practice #3 (Database design and SQL queries on an Oracle/MySQL database)
- Practice #4 (PHP and SQL)
- Practice #5 (PHP and SQL)
- This practice correspond to Homework #4
- Practice #6 (Triggers)
To obtain the points associated with the home assignments, students must observe the following terms:
- Complete all the points of the exercises in the homework text.
- Prepare a file in PDF, DOC or ODT format with the solution of the homework.
- Name the file as HomeworkN_Surname_Name_StudentId.XXX, where
- StudentId, Surname and Name should be replaced with student information
- the N character following Homework should be replaced with the number of the submitted homework (e.g., ‘1’ for homework no. 1)
- the filename extension XXX depends on the file type chosen for the submission (PDF, DOC or ODT).
- the DOCX format is not supported.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, naming the file with a wrong name implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- Load the file on the didactic portal (Portale della didattica) in the section Work Submission (Elaborati) before the deadline.
- Multiple loadings for the same student and/or for the same homework are not allowed.
- The upload date shown on the didactic portal is considered for the evaluation.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, the upload after the deadline implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- During the upload procedure a description (“Descrizione”) field is required. Insert the same name given to the uploaded file (according to the rules described above).
- Only for students with no access to the course page on the didactic portal, the homework may be submitted before the deadline by sending an email to the assistant lecturer.
- Discuss the homework with a positive evaluation on the fixed date (announcement will be published).
- Homework #4 note: The delivery of the realized code must be done via upload on the portal as for the files of the previous homeworks. In this case, however, each student will have to upload a single .zip file containing the developed code. The archive must contain:
- all .php and .html files created for the application
- a single .sql script for creating the database with the SQL statements useful for creating and populating the database.
- [Homework #1] — to be delivered by April 17th, 2020 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #2] — to be delivered by May 8th, 2020 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #3] — to be delivered by June 10th, 2020 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #4] — to be delivered by June 5th, 2020 (UTC/GMT+1)