Table of content
- Weekly timetable
- Written tests
- Demo Exercises Solution
- ECTS: 8
- Professor: Tania Cerquitelli
- Assistant lecturer: Jacopo Fior
|Type||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
|Lecture||Wednesday||14:30-16:00||Virtual Classroom / In person|
- Introduction to the course (pdf)
- Introduction to the databases (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational data model (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational algebra (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- The SELECT statement: basics (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Nested queries (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Set operators (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Update commands (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Managing tables (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- SQL language: other definitions
- Database design
- Web programming
- Relational algebra and SQL I: Exercises [Solutions: Algebra ] [SQL-solutions-Part I,SQL-solutions-Part II]
- SQL no.2: Exercises (Lecture’s notes)
- Relational algebra exercises (Lecture’s notes)
- SQL no.3: Exercises
- SQL no. 4: Exercises
The laboratory practices will begin on Tuesday, March 30.
|Group of Students||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
| TEAM A: Even Student ID
| TEAM B: Odd Student ID
Only for the first week, the Lab Practice for TEAM B will happen on Tuesday, March 30 from 16:00 to 17:30. There isn’t any change to the schedule for TEAM A.
- Installation guides, to work on the lab practices you can use oracle directly on your PC or online through Oracle APEX. Follow one of the two guides below:
- Practice #1 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- Practice #2 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- Practice #3 (Database design and SQL queries on an Oracle/MySQL database)
- Practice #4 (PHP and SQL)
- Practice #5 (PHP and SQL)
To obtain the points associated with the home assignments, students must observe the following terms:
- Complete all the points of the exercises in the homework text.
- Prepare a file in PDF, DOC or ODT format with the solution of the homework.
- Name the file as HomeworkN_Surname_Name_StudentId.XXX, where
- StudentId, Surname and Name should be replaced with student information
- the N character following Homework should be replaced with the number of the submitted homework (e.g., ‘1’ for homework no. 1)
- the filename extension XXX depends on the file type chosen for the submission (PDF, DOC or ODT).
- the DOCX format is not supported.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, naming the file with a wrong name implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- Load the file on the didactic portal (Portale della didattica) in the section Work Submission (Elaborati) before the deadline.
- Multiple loadings for the same student and/or for the same homework are not allowed.
- The upload date shown on the didactic portal is considered for the evaluation.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, the upload after the deadline implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- During the upload procedure a description (“Descrizione”) field is required. Insert the same name given to the uploaded file (according to the rules described above).
- Only for students with no access to the course page on the didactic portal, the homework may be submitted before the deadline by sending an email to the assistant lecturer.
- Discuss the homework with a positive evaluation on the fixed date (announcement will be published).
- [Homework #1] — to be delivered by April 12th, 2021 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #2] — to be delivered by May 3rd, 2021 (UTC/GMT+1)