Biological laboratories need Next Generation LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems). The virtual reality can improve graphical user interfaces usability and the computer vision allows improving the efficiency of laboratory data-tracking procedures. Interactive 3D visualization are very useful for real time representation of user activities and laboratory workflows.
- This project aims at realizing a virtual representation of life-science working environments based on 3D interactive models. The main goal is to develop a prototypic application for user friendly management of complex and hierarchical storage systems by means of 3D realistic representation of the physical containers and their interactions.
- The thesis aims at exploiting computer vision for sensors-based real-time tracking of laboratory activities. The main goal is to develop a prototypic platform for automated monitoring of interactions between users, instruments and experimental material. A virtual representation of objects and activities is also foreseen to provide intuitive and user friendly GUIs.
Applicants are expected to acquire the following
- Database (relational, NoSQL, GraphDB) design
- Web design
- 3D models design and rendering
- Sensor and optical systems management
- Programming (Python, Java)
- 3D object recognition
- Motion analysis