- Professor: Silvia Chiusano
- Teaching Assistant: Alessandro Fiori
- Course introduction (slides)
- Database introduction (slides)
- Relational model (slides)
- Relational database design
- Business intelligence
Design of a relational database
- Exercises con conceptual database design using ER diagram (exercise text, draftsolutionER_diagram, DesignerFiles, ER restructuring and translation)
- Exercises on conceptual and logical database design
- Data warehouse design
- Exam simulation
Practice #1 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- DB script (sql)
- Installation guides, to work on the lab practices. We suggest to use Oracle APEX cloud service. We provide also the guide to install the oracle software on your PC. Follow one of the two guides below
- Practice #1: Text (pdf)
- Practice #2: Text (pdf)
Practice (Google Looker Studio)
General information on Homework. Homework delivery is optional. For each homework, students can obtain the corresponding points if the homework is delivered by the deadline. The final exam grade is defined by considering the evaluation of the written part, and, optionally, of the delivered homework. Points from homework are considered only if the grade of the written part is 18 or above.
Homework 1 is on the design of a relational database based on the requirements in the homework text. An individual report with solutions of the exercises in Homework text must be uploaded as a pdf file on the Didactic portal, section «Material» («Materiale»). The proposed exercise can be solved used the DesignER tool (available at designerdb.io). The homework solution must be delivered by April 23, 2023. Homework 1 delivery by the deadline provides 0.5 points.
Homework 2 is SQL exercises. An individual report with solutions of the exercises in Homework text must be uploaded as a pdf file on the Didactic portal, section «Material» («Materiale»). The homework solution must be delivered by May 21, 2023. Homework 2 delivery by the deadline provides 0.5 points.
Homework 3: is on the exploitation of Google Looker Studio. The homework solution must be delivered by June 11, 2023. Homework 3 delivery by the deadline provides 2 points.
- Homework 3 (deadline June 11, 2023): Google Looker Studio (text)