Table of content
- The text of Homework 3 is available. The deadline to submit the Homework 3 is Sunday, June 11th, 2017.
- The list of students who delivered the homeworks no. 1 and no. 2 is available
- The text of Homework 2 is available. The deadline to submit the Homework 2 is Friday, May 12th, 2017.
- A draft solution of Homework no.1 has been published
- The lecture of tomorrow, April 4th 2017 from 8:30a.m. to 11:30a.m. in Room 2D has been cancelled.
- The text of Homework 1 is available. The deadline to submit the Homework 1 is April 6th, 2017.
- The installation guide of Oracle Database and Oracle sql Developer on personal PC is available.
- The text of Practice 1 is available.
- The first LAB practice will be on Wednesday, 22th March, at 5:30p.m. in the LabInf Laboratory (map)
- Please make sure you have an account on the Labinf PCs before the lab practice (it is *not* the account you use to log in to the PCs in the other LAIB labs). You can register an account at Labinf every day from 2pm to 3pm (check the Labinf website for further details)
|Type||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
- Introduction to the course (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page )
- Introduction to the databases (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational data model (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Relational algebra (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- The SELECT statement: basics (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Nested queries (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- Set operators (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Update commands (2 slides per page, 6 slides per page)
- Managing tables (2 slides per page,6 slides per page)
- SQL language: other definitions
- Database design
- Web programming
- Relational algebra: Exercises [Solutions ]
- SQL no.1: Exercises [Solutions]
- SQL no.2: Exercises [Solutions]
- SQL no.3: Exercises [Solutions]
- Relational Algebra and SQL no. 4: Exercises
- SQL no. 5: Exercises
- ER no.1: Text
- ER no.2: Text [Draft solution]
- ER no.3: Text [Draft solution]
- ER no. 4: Text
- ER no.5: Text
- ER no.6: Text
- ER no.7: Text
- 2015 – 07 – 17
- 2014 -07 -17
|Group of Students||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
8 credits course (01RKWOA
6 credits course (02LSZLM
- Practice #1 (SQL queries on an Oracle database) – For all students
For those students that decide to install Oracle or another DBMS on their personal laptop/PC, the database used during the first practice can be created by using the following SQL script (DB creation script). Please follow the installation guide to install Oracle Database and Oracle sql Developer on PC. The guide shows installation steps for both Mac and Windows operating systems, for the students who use Linux os, please read the instructions for Windows as a reference, the steps are similar.
- Screenshots of the expected result sets
- Solutions for Practice #1
- Practice #2 (SQL queries on an Oracle database)
- Practice #3 (Database design and SQL queries on an Oracle/MySQL database)
- Practice #4
- TEAM A: Web application in PHP to query data from a MySQL database
- TEAM B: Java DataBase Connectivity – Practice #4 corresponds to Homework #4 to be delivered by June 18th, 2017
- Practice #5
To obtain the points associated with the home assignments, students must observe the following terms:
- Complete all the points of the exercises in the homework text.
- Prepare a file in PDF, DOC or ODT format with the solution of the homework.
- Name the file as HomeworkN_Surname_Name_StudentId.XXX, where
- StudentId, Surname and Name should be replaced with student information
- the N character following Homework should be replaced with the number of the submitted homework (e.g., ‘1’ for homework no. 1)
- the filename extension XXX depends on the file type chosen for the submission (PDF, DOC or ODT).
- the DOCX format is not supported.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, naming the file with a wrong name implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- Load the file on the didactic portal (Portale della didattica) in the section Work Submission (Elaborati) before the deadline.
- Multiple loadings for the same student and/or for the same homework are not allowed.
- The upload date shown on the didactic portal is considered for the evaluation.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, the upload after the deadline implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- During the upload procedure a description (“Descrizione”) field is required. Insert the same name given to the uploaded file (according to the rules described above).
- Only for students with no access to the course page on the didactic portal, the homework may be submitted before the deadline by sending an email to the assistant lecturer.
- Discuss the homework with a positive evaluation on the fixed date (announcement will be published).
- [Homework #1] — to be delivered by Thursday, April 6th, 2017 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #2] — to be delivered by Friday, May 12th, 2017 (UTC/GMT+1)
- [Homework #3] — to be delivered by Sunday, June 11th, 2017 (UTC/GMT+1)
- The list of students who delivered the homeworks no. 1 and no. 2 (pdf)