- SSD: ING-INF/05
- ECTS: 8
- Official information sheet of the course
- Professor: Prof. Daniele Apiletti
- Assistant lecturer: Simone Monaco
- Announcements are posted on the Teaching Portal (Portale della Didattica)
- All discussions about the course can be opened on Piazza.
|Type||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
- Introduction to the course (pdf)
- Introduction to databases (pdf)
- Relational data model and relational algebra
- SQL language
- SQL language: other definitions
- Database design
- Web programming
Additional materials will be published here.
|Relational algebra exercises (and SQL) – part 1||Solution|
|Relational algebra exercises – part 2||Solution|
|SQL – part 2||Solution|
|SQL – part 3||Solution|
|SQL – part 4||Solution|
|SQL – part 5||Solution|
|ER – Cooking school||Solution|
|ER – Beauty farm||Solution|
|ER – Bank||Solution|
The laboratory practices will begin on Friday, April 1st.
Groups are divided by the surname initials.
|Student Group||Day of the week||Time||Classroom|
|Team A: ABD-KAM||Friday||8.30-10.00||LAIB1|
|Team B: KAR-ZON||Friday||10.00-11.30||LAIB1|
Software and installation guides
- Installation guides, to work on the lab practices you can use oracle directly on your PC or online through Oracle APEX. We suggest you to use the online option, following the guide below:
Practical sessions schedule
The schedule of the Practical sessions may be subject to variation. In this case, students will receive timely communication during the lessons. Materials for each session will be published in the corresponding week.
|Date||Text and solutions||Additional content|
|Practice #1||April 1||SQL queries on an Oracle database (Part 1)||DB creation script|
|Practice #2||April 22||SQL queries on an Oracle database (Part 2)||–|
|Practice #3||April 29||Database design and SQL queries on an Oracle/MySQL database||–|
|Practice #4||May 13||SQL and triggers||SQL scripts|
|Practice #5||May 27||Web applications with Flask||SQL scripts|
|Practice #6||June 3||–||–|
|Practice #7||June 10||–||–|
|Homework 1||Relational Algebra||HW 1 Text||9/4/2022|
|Homework 2||SQL Queries||HW 2 Text||15/5/2022|
|Homework 3||Web applications||HW 3 Text||07/06/2022||–|
|Homework 4||Database Design||HW 4 Text||05/06/2022|
To obtain the points associated with the home assignments, students must observe the following terms:
- Complete all the points of the exercises in the homework text.
- Prepare a file in PDF, DOC or ODT format with the solution of the homework.
- Name the file as HomeworkN_Surname_Name_StudentId.EXT, whereStudentId, Surname and Name should be replaced with student information
- N: the character following Homework should be replaced with the number of the submitted homework (e.g., ‘1’ for homework no. 1)
- EXT: you can choose for the submission either PDF, DOC or ODT file formats (DOCX format is not supported).
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, naming the file with a wrong name implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- Load the file on the didactic portal (Portale della didattica) in the section Work Submission (Elaborati) before the deadline. Multiple loadings for the same student and/or for the same homework are not allowed.
- The upload date shown on the didactic portal is considered for the evaluation.
- Since uploaded files are automatically processed, the upload after the deadline implies the cancellation of the related homework submission.
- During the upload procedure a description (“Descrizione”) field is required. Insert the same name given to the uploaded file (according to the rules described above).
- Only for students with no access to the course page on the didactic portal, the homework may be submitted before the deadline by sending an email to the assistant lecturer.
- Discuss the homework with a positive evaluation on the fixed date (announcement will be published).
All the students on the list, separately for each homework, will receive the associated extra points for the exam.
The texts of the past exams will be shown here.