Lecturers: Daniele Apiletti, Silvia Chiusano, Diego Monti
Teaching staff: Eliana Pastor, Alessandro Fiori, Simone Monaco
SSD: ING-INF/05 – CFU: 8 – course details from the official student guide
Q&A teaching assistance on Piazza: https://piazza.com/polito.it/fall2021/01txasm
- 27 September 2021: the 21-22 edition of the course begins! See the official timetable.
- We are using Piazza for class discussion, we invite all students to join the course Piazza. Piazza is highly catered to getting help fast and efficiently from both classmates and teachers. Rather than emailing questions to the teaching staff, students are invited to post their questions on Piazza.
This section will provide the text and solution of the exams.
Course introduction (slides)
- Introduction (slides)
- Conceptual and logical design (slides) – slides updated on Oct, 1st, 2021 (minor revision)
- Data analysis, OLAP, extended SQL (slides)
- ETL process (slides)
- Materialized view (slides)
- Data warehousing in Oracle (slides)
- Data warehousing: physical design (slides)
Exercise extended SQL, customers (text)
Exercise extended SQL, rentals (text)
Exercise DW design, hotels (text)
Exercise DW design, storehouses (text)
Lab practices start on Tuesday, October 19th, 2021.
TEAM A (FROM A TO K) on Tuesday from 1 pm to 2:30 pm
TEAM B (FROM L TO Z) on Tuesday from 2:30 pm to 4pm
Lab 1: Extended SQL
- Text (pdf)
- Data warehouse tables in csv format (zip)
- SQL Developer is already available at LABINF. If you want to practise at home, you can follow these tutorials
- Installing Oracle Database 18c Express Edition and SQL Developer
- Import Database and Tables: Tutorial